Lawrence County Heritage
The Journal of the Lawrence County
(Tennessee) Genealogical Society
Vol. 9 No. 4 Summer 2006
Table of Contents
compiled by Susan Beeler Anderson
From the Editor:
The Lawrence County Archives has moved to new quarters. The e-mail address, web page and telephone number remain the same as before. The new snail mail address is: 524 Gallaher St., Lawrenceburg, TN 38464-3814. There are now two large tables available for researchers, two microfilm readers and improved accessibility to records.
History of Lawrence County Schools: 1817-1996- Part IV(continued from Spring 2005) by Kathy Niedergeses.
Blooming Grove School, Brown Crossroads School, Busby School, Center School, Chinubee School, Chinubee & West Point High School, Einsedeln/St. Johnís School, Factory School, Fishhook School, Good Hope School, Hallís Chapel School, Howardsville School, Idaho School, Laurel Hill School, Murrell School, New Prospect/Prospect School, Red Window School, Springdale School, Strathmore School, True School, Union Hill School, Wisdom School, Yellow Point School.
To be continued in the Fall 2006 Issue of the Journal
Mystery Families and Photographs
Photos from the Spence collection given to the Archives by Mrs. Druscilla Beuerlein.
Features photos of children and babies.
Obituaries and Death Announcements From Local Newspapers, Part VII- Conclusion[Copies of the actual obituaries can be obtained from the Lawrence County Archives at the address above.] (continued from Spring 2006) compiled by Donna Niedergeses Davis.
Mr. A.C. Thompson
Mrs. Nancy Tice, wife of Wm. Tice, Jr.
Miss Ella S. Tucker
S. H. Tucker
Bennie Tyler, son of John Tyler
Mrs. Harriett Udell
Mary Ware, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Isaac Ware
Mrs. Elizabeth Wasson
Burgess W. West
Mrs. George White
John B. White
Maude Ella White, wife of C. W. White, daughter of J.W. and Mrs. M.D. Smith
Newton White, son of Mr. George White
Mrs. Jane Wildes, wife of A. A. Wildes
Alfred D. Wiley, Jr.
Alfred D. Wiley, Sr.
Mrs. Maria M. E. Wilkes, wife of Robert M. Wilkes
Mrs. Elijah Williams
Thomas M. Williams
Mrs. Jane P. Williamson
Jno. W. Wisdom
Sarah Young, wife of Joseph Young
Laurel Hill Cotton Mill, Part II, Conclusion(continued from Spring 2006) compiled by Kathy Niedergeses.
History of the mill from 1887 through the purchase of the property by the State of TN beginning in 1950. Includes a listing from the 1870 Census of residents working at the mill, their age and occupation,
Lawrence County Court Clerk Wills, January 1829 to October 1847(continued from Spring 2006) abstracted by Wallace Palmore.
Matthews, Thomas J.
Walker, Robert F.
Lindsey, E. N.
Tayes, James C.
About Our Front Cover - W.E. Gunselman Wagon and Carriage Builderby Jim Crowder
History of W. E. Gunselman Wagon Works accompanied by two photos. Those mentioned are:
Tinnon & Beeler
Frank (Teck) Cocke
W. E. Gunselman
My Mother, Will Ė Part Iby Miriam Grigsby
A biography of Will (Wilhelmina) Barnes Anderson born in McArthur, Ohio with detailed information on her parents Martin Riser Barnes and Sarah Louisa Hawk. In depth history of the Barnes, Hawk and Dowd families. (to be continued in the Fall 2006 issue of the Journal)
The Book Nookreviews by Lila Gobbell and Kathy Niedergeses
The Old Fourth Civil District of Giles County, TN, Minor Hill, Puncheon, Peach, Powell, and Oxford, PLUS Some Area Cemeteries and Pictures, by Sue Hendrix Davis and Linda Jo Hendrix Dean; c 2003.
Genealogy in Giles County, Tennessee Newspapers 1859-1899, compiled by Elijah J. and Helen David Howard.
last updated April 14, 2008
Return to LCGS Main Page